Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Rain! Rain!

Emily and Spring
Frolicking Calves
     Praise the Lord! It rained! Or should I say, it is raining? It started last night and hasn't really stopped since!
     Because of the rain, Farm Boy and I thought the calves might go into the shed. It's fun to sit there until they come in and lay down, then sneak up behind them and pet them. Anyways, We gathered some alfalfa and went out there (and got very wet on the way) and started to attract the cows with it. When our alfalfa ran out, we got settled into the shed. Farm Boy sat up against the back wall, and I laid down in the middle of the shed. The calves started coming in, and one started sniffing me. It sniffed my cap, than my back, jeans, and started licking my shoes! It licked for a while, then went and laid down. It was very exciting because I rarely do well trying to pet calves. 
Splash!
Rain!
A Robin Bathing
     Also, Emily and Carrie calved. Emily calved last night and Carrie calved at around 8:00 P.M. today. Emily's was a girl and it was named Spring. We are not sure what Carries was, but we'll make sure to post when we do!



No comments:

Post a Comment