Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm back!

     Sorry I've been gone so long, but life has been busy. I went on a youth trip to Oklahoma, then Grandma started fading. Dad and Mom left to be with her in Hutchinson when it looked like the end was near while me and two of my siblings stayed at home. That afternoon Grandma went to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. The next evening as Dad and Mom began the trip home  a storm started up. There was some tornado warnings and for a short time, gumdrop size (but not flavored) hail. The rain was coming in huge drops. We were so glad that God sent the rain because it had not rained in a long time and everything was shriveling up.
BB-Gun
Jessica

     Before that, Jessica and BB-Gun calved and we used the tractor to pull several dying bushes out from in front of our house.

Abigail
 This morning in the process of getting around to go fishing, we discovered that a little Hereford heifer, Honorable H'Abigail had h'escaped  her home. We chased her into a pen by herself and headed off to fish. The place we fished in was the pond of our cousin (half a century older than us).
     
     When we got there, we immediately cast our rods out and left them with Dad while we tumbled rocks down the hill.  We only caught one 8" fish which  we threw back.
The pond and rock-tumbling hill
A goose we saw
The fish we let get away



4 comments:

  1. Cool. Wow. Ranchers are busy people aren't they? I barely have time for my blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither do we. I'ts been ages since we posted. :(

    ReplyDelete